[standard-fish] A geometric design

Zachary Romero

Aug 25, 2019, 2:52:18 PM8/25/19
to Racket Users
Hello,

Here is a little tessellation design I made along with some helper functions to generate them: https://github.com/zkry/tessellation . I'm new to Racket and this was a great chance to practice. Thanks for this idea!

-- Zac

John Clements

Aug 25, 2019, 6:36:02 PM8/25/19
to Zachary Romero, Racket Users
Seriously! Magnificent!

Want to play with this code, show it to students and co-workers.

John

Daniel Prager

Aug 25, 2019, 10:35:29 PM8/25/19
to Zachary Romero, Racket Users
Wow!

Loved the background video you linked to explaining the roots in Islamic art and design: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg1NpMmPv48

So different to the patchwork inspired approach that I've taken to tessellation.

Brilliant stuff.

Dan

Zachary Romero

Aug 26, 2019, 12:16:28 PM8/26/19
to Racket Users
Thanks! I'm glad you guys enjoyed it. Your patchwork design was very nice as well Daniel.

Definitely let me know if you encounter any problems when using it. I plan to uploading the package soon as well.

- Zac