Failed to load module in drracket

Walter Yang

Aug 23, 2019, 6:23:29 AM8/23/19
to Racket Users
I'm trying to load a module in drracket:

#lang racket

(require fluxus/fluxus)

I got the following error message:

  default-load-extension-handler: forbidden (execute) access to /usr/share/racket/collects/fluxus/compiled/native/x86_64-linux/3m/fluxus-engine_ss.so

But it's OK load in command line racket:

$ racket
Welcome to Racket v7.4.
> (require fluxus/fluxus)

Any comments?

Thanks
Walter

Robby Findler

Aug 23, 2019, 7:43:17 AM8/23/19
to Racket Users, Walter Yang
(Sorry, accidentally dropped the list CC.)

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 6:42 AM Robby Findler <ro...@cs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
Is this an error you see when you click "run" or does it appear along the very bottom of the window on its own?

Robby

Hong Yang

Aug 24, 2019, 11:14:26 AM8/24/19
to Robby Findler, racket...@googlegroups.com
me too of to maillist..:(

Hong Yang <yang...@gmail.com> 于 2019年8月24日周六 下午11:04写道:
Hi Robby

The error message just apear after I type (require fluxus/fluxus) in the drracket. The mentioned so is an extension of racket for fluxus.

Thanks
Walter

Robby Findler <ro...@cs.northwestern.edu> 于 2019年8月23日周五 下午7:43写道:

Robby Findler

Aug 24, 2019, 11:44:26 AM8/24/19
to Hong Yang, racket...@googlegroups.com
DrRacket expands your program in a mode that is relatively constrained, not allowing it certain access to the file system or allowing it to run executables or make network connections or lots of other things. This is because it starts running code (on your behalf) as soon as it opens the file in the editor and it would be bad if you accidentally opened nefarious code and it got to run right away without you looking at it.

Robby

Hong Yang

Aug 24, 2019, 11:12:19 PM8/24/19
to Robby Findler, racket...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robby

Thanks for your explain, is ther any way I can enforce to load the module? or let me know which code did this?

Best reagrds
Walter

Robby Findler

Aug 28, 2019, 10:16:23 AM8/28/19
to Hong Yang, Racket Users
I think the best path forward probably involves changing DrRacket so
that, on a case-by-case basis, people can opt-in to loading specific
external libraries automatically. I've not yet tried to implement
that, but if someone wants to, the right starting place is the code
that currently disallows the access, which is here:

https://github.com/racket/drracket/blob/5a71d4580d9799a88707eb269879da0635ae97ad/drracket/drracket/private/expanding-place.rkt#L512

There would be changes required to identify that a shared library load
was denied, convey that back to the main place where DrRacket runs,
then add some way to offer people to allow it, which would then set a
preference somehow and the other place could consult that preference
to see what is allowed. Something like that.

I like this idea and hope to get to it eventually, but I can't do it right now.

Robby

Stephen De Gabrielle

Aug 28, 2019, 11:49:47 AM8/28/19
to Robby Findler, Hong Yang, Racket Users
Hi
I’ve logged this as

It’s not well logged - simply a placeholder - but it does reference this thread on gg should someone be interested.