doing a "show hn" of your racket project

Neil Van Dyke

Jun 20, 2019, 6:28:07 PM6/20/19
to Racket-Users List
If you make something in Racket, such as a microstartup Web site, or
something that HN readers can otherwise use, you can publicize it with a
"Show HN" post, and possibly also promote Racket as a side effect.

For example, here's one making the front page of HN right now:

"Show HN: A star map creation tool with Common Lisp (thestarmaps.com)"
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=20231328

Other recent examples at:
https://news.ycombinator.com/show

Here's how to do it (HN has reasoned rules&guidelines):
https://news.ycombinator.com/showhn.html
https://news.ycombinator.com/newsguidelines.html
https://news.ycombinator.com/newsfaq.html

Dexter Lagan

Jun 21, 2019, 4:16:44 AM6/21/19
to Racket Users
  Once my git repos will be presentable, you can be sure I'll show it all to HN. I'm a beyond-full-time Racket programmer and I intend to share most of the non-commercial code I write. I also started two blogs:

About lisp in general, but contains a lot of Racket-related posts

and

A more general, deeply technical blog, will also contain less specific posts about Racket:

  They haven't been published anywhere, and maybe Racketeers can give me some feedback before I make a fool of myself elsewhere. If the content is up to par, feel free to mention it in the newsletter.

Dex

Eric Griffis

Jun 23, 2019, 6:29:41 PM6/23/19
to Dexter Lagan, Racket Users
This is the kind of stuff I look for in my Twitter feed. If I knew how
to subscribe to updates, I would.

Eric

amz3

Jul 9, 2019, 8:41:00 AM7/9/19
to Racket Users
Another way to promote Racket (and possibly Scheme?) is to publish in http://joss.theoj.org/

stewart mackenzie

Jul 9, 2019, 10:56:35 AM7/9/19
to Dexter Lagan, Racket Users
That's some cool bloggery going on there, thanks for sharing.

Dexter Lagan

Jul 9, 2019, 11:28:29 AM7/9/19
to stewart mackenzie, Racket Users
  Thank you sir, I plan on posting more original content when time allows.

Dex