scribble cannot find module that racket finds

Hendrik Boom

Nov 3, 2019, 3:26:57 PM11/3/19
to us...@racket-lang.org
scribble does not find module "inclusion.rkt" even though racket does.
There must be a work-around, mustn't there?

I can (require "inclusion.rkt") jusr fine from racket

t3.rkt:

#lang racket
(require "inclusion.rkt")
foo

inclusion.rkt:

#lang racket
(define foo 'foo)
(provide foo)

running it:

hendrik@midwinter:~/dv/scribble$ racket t3.rkt
'foo
hendrik@midwinter:~/dv/scribble$

But when I try from scribble it goes wrong:

t3.scrbl:

#lang scribble
@(require "inclusion.rkt")
foo

same inclusion.rkt file

Run it:

hendrik@midwinter:~/dv/scribble$ scribble t3.scrbl
standard-module-name-resolver: collection not found
for module path: scribble/lang/reader
collection: "scribble/lang"
in collection directories:
/home/hendrik/.racket/snapshot/collects
/home/hendrik/racket-7.4.0.1/collects
... [166 additional linked and package directories]
context...:
show-collection-err
standard-module-name-resolver
module-path-index-resolve
do-dynamic-require5
read-syntax3
default-load-handler
standard-module-name-resolver
module-path-index-resolve
module-declared?
loop
...cket/cmdline.rkt:191:51
"/home/hendrik/racket-7.4.0.1/share/pkgs/scribble-lib/scribble/run.rkt": [running body]
temp37_0
for-loop
run-module-instance!125
perform-require!78
hendrik@midwinter:~/dv/scribble$

(and no, I don't expect it to find the foo provided by the module. This foo is plain
scribble text). But it fails before it gets that far.

Is there a way to require packages into scribble that *does* work?

-- hendrik

Shu-Hung You

Nov 3, 2019, 3:35:03 PM11/3/19
to Hendrik Boom, us...@racket-lang.org
The error message here is a little opaque, but the actual cause is
that `#lang scribble' does not exist. The available languages include:

;; https://docs.racket-lang.org/scribble/generic-prose.html
#lang scribble/base
#lang scribble/manual (like Racket doc)
#lang scribble/book
#lang scribble/report
(and more)

Hendrik Boom

Nov 3, 2019, 4:58:09 PM11/3/19
to Shu-Hung You, us...@racket-lang.org
On Sun, Nov 03, 2019 at 02:34:33PM -0600, Shu-Hung You wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 3, 2019 at 2:26 PM Hendrik Boom <hen...@topoi.pooq.com> wrote:
> >
> > scribble does not find module "inclusion.rkt" even though racket does.
> > There must be a work-around, mustn't there?

> The error message here is a little opaque, but the actual cause is
> that `#lang scribble' does not exist. The available languages include:
>
> ;; https://docs.racket-lang.org/scribble/generic-prose.html
> #lang scribble/base
> #lang scribble/manual (like Racket doc)
> #lang scribble/book