Recommended CS replacement for make-sized-byte-string

Nate Griswold

Jul 12, 2020, 12:16:26 PM7/12/20
to Racket Users
Maybe i have been up too long, but what is the best replacement for make-sized-byte-string in Racket CS? I am using a library that still calls it and is failing on me.

I don't mind just copying the whole thing. I could write a function to do it i was just thinking there would be something there already...

Thanks

Nate

Sam Tobin-Hochstadt

Jul 12, 2020, 12:56:38 PM7/12/20
to Nate Griswold, Racket Users
Copying is probably the best option -- this is discussed some in the following readme:

Sam

Nate Griswold

Jul 12, 2020, 1:15:45 PM7/12/20
to Sam Tobin-Hochstadt, Racket Users
Yes, thank you

I ended up using make-bytes with the size and then doing a memcpy. I forgot that i could use a byte string as the memcpy destination.

Nate