Logger shows lots of info messages about collapsible-contract-bailout and collapsible-value-bailout

e...@disroot.org

Mar 14, 2020, 9:59:58 AM3/14/20
to racket...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone,

I was debugging my program using the logging facilities, and I was getting a lot of the following messages at level info:

[ info] collapsible-contract-bailout: arrow: has optional args
[ info] collapsible-contract-bailout: arrow: has keyword args
[ info] collapsible-contract-bailout: arrow: no rngs
[ info] collapsible-contract-bailout: arrow: no rngs
[ info] collapsible-contract-bailout: arrow: multiple return values
[ info] collapsible-value-bailout: arrow: can't prove single-return-value
[ info] collapsible-value-bailout: arrow: can't prove single-return-value
[ info] collapsible-value-bailout: arrow: can't prove single-return-value
[ info] collapsible-value-bailout: arrow: can't prove single-return-value
[ info] collapsible-value-bailout: arrow: can't prove single-return-value
[ info] collapsible-value-bailout: arrow: can't prove single-return-value
[ info] collapsible-value-bailout: arrow: can't prove single-return-value
[ info] collapsible-contract-bailout: arrow: no rngs
[ info] collapsible-contract-bailout: arrow: no rngs

I don't know what triggers it and google does not return any results.
Just curious, is it something I should be worried about?
I am using Racket v7.5 if it helps.

Best regards.

Robby Findler

Mar 14, 2020, 10:14:51 AM3/14/20
to e...@disroot.org, racket...@googlegroups.com
Definitely not something to worry about!

Robby

Ben Greenman

Mar 14, 2020, 11:16:58 AM3/14/20
to racket...@googlegroups.com
>> I don't know what triggers it and google does not return any results.
>> Just curious, is it something I should be worried about?
>> I am using Racket v7.5 if it helps.

Searching google for "collapsible contract" should point to these
pages, at least:

https://docs.racket-lang.org/reference/collapsible.html
https://users.cs.northwestern.edu/~dmf082/papers/collapsible.pdf

In short, racket/contract has two flavors for some contracts: "normal"
and "collapsible". Those log messages appear when the library tries to
use "collapsible" but has to fall back.

e...@disroot.org

Mar 16, 2020, 6:42:13 AM3/16/20
to Ben Greenman, racket...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to you and Robby Findler for your quick replies!

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/racket-users/CAFUu9R4W8Z=7ytVL44w7zXxAiteWdxdS-FUhZTJN1LnjELiG8Q@m
> il.gmail.com.

Greg Hendershott

Apr 3, 2020, 10:07:17 AM4/3/20
to Racket Users
In case it's useful here are some levels for various loggers.

  '((cm-accomplice           . warning)
    (GC                      . info)
    (module-prefetch         . warning)
    (optimizer               . info)
    (racket/contract         . error)
    (sequence-specialization . info)
    (*                       . fatal))

Based on experience, this filters out "noise" when you're not actively working on one of those systems (as opposed to just using them).

These are the defaults in Racket Mode's racket-logger-mode buffer: