**Creative Racket Competition 2022**

Stephen De Gabrielle

Dec 21, 2021, 6:44:13 AM12/21/21
to Racket Users
**Creative Racket Competition 2022**

 January 1, 2022 → February 28, 2022

***Get creative with Racket this winter! Win stickers!***

Entries can be... pictures, animations, interactive, sound or music or something else? ...are all acceptable.

* You can enter as many times as you like
* Entries need to be runnable by other racketeers.
* Your entry must be created with Racket or a Racket language including RacketScript. (even your own)

See https://github.com/standard-fish/creative-racket-2022/blob/master/TOOLS.md for some suggestions but you can use anything you like.

It is easy to enter:

  (If you can't use github let us know)

Jens Axel & Stephen

**Prizes**

Winners will receive an exclusive badge on their GitHub profile and laptop stickers.

There will be a range of categories to reflect the diversity of entries.

Special categories will include

* Racket mascot - winner will be chosen by peoples choice vote.
* Racket meme

Note: Not an official Racket competition. We not a members of the Racket team, nor are we doing this on their behalf.
--
----

Stephen De Gabrielle

Jan 1, 2022, 11:51:49 AM1/1/22
to Racket Users
The ***Creative Racket Competition 2022*** starts today!

Enter early - enter often.

Some ideas to get you started;
* Sketching - like Processing but *better* ! Look at the repo for a brief introduction, with links to the full documentation and examples: <https://github.com/soegaard/sketching>
* Animate an AOC solution
* use one of the functional picture libraries to create an [Escher tessellation](https://eprints.soton.ac.uk/257577/1/funcgeo2.pdf) Racket functional picture libraries ([pict](https://docs.racket-lang.org/pict/) or  [2htdp/image](https://docs.racket-lang.org/teachpack/2htdpimage.html)). More inspiration from Conal Elliot [Functional Images](http://conal.net/papers/functional-images/)

Theses are just suggestions - everything is permitted!

Best wishes
Stephen

----