competition results.

Stephen De Gabrielle

Sep 3, 2019, 10:10:09 AM9/3/19
to Racket Users
Hi All,

All the entries are in for the summer picture competition.

Entries have been collated at as forked repositories at https://github.com/standard-fish and in  https://github.com/standard-fish/summer-competititon-2019/tree/master/entries for entries that came via email/slack.

The winners are

I'll be sending codes for stickers from https://devswag.com/products/racket

While the codes include US postage they don't include international postage. If this is a problem let me know directly so we can work something out.

I'll also send a racket hat to one lucky winner of a community choice vote.
a people choice vote - I'll announce the voting process once I have a way of taking votes. [DM me if you have any suggestions]

Kind regards,

Stephen

Stephen De Gabrielle

Sep 3, 2019, 10:15:30 AM9/3/19
to Racket Users

Sage Gerard

Sep 3, 2019, 10:35:26 AM9/3/19
to spdega...@gmail.com, us...@racket-lang.org
Congratulations to all! :)

~slg

Sep 3, 2019, 1:00:21 PM9/3/19
to Stephen De Gabrielle, us...@racket-lang.org
I have forked the github repository Stephen De Gabrielle made when reporting
the contest winners.

I will continue developing this, as I gradually figure out whar I should
have done.

This is where I'll be releasing updates and such:

https://github.com/hendrikboom3/rackettown

Let me know if you have difficulty with it.

-- hendrik

Hendrik Boom

Sep 3, 2019, 1:48:11 PM9/3/19
to Stephen De Gabrielle, us...@racket-lang.org
Whoops. ended up forking the entire contest repository instead of just my
contribution. I'll have to fix.

-- hendrik

Hendrik Boom

Sep 3, 2019, 4:03:48 PM9/3/19
to Stephen De Gabrielle, us...@racket-lang.org
I see what happened. The link to my entry in the winner's list was a link
to my entry within the standard-fish/summer-competititon-2019 repository.
So when I thought I was forking/cloning my entry I was actually
forking/cloning the entire competition. I could delete and rename
everything but my entry, but then if anyone were to merge it back the entire
competition results would disappear.

So I'll have to make a new repository from scratch. That will have to wait
until I have some time free.

-- hendrik.

Hendrik Boom

Sep 3, 2019, 8:59:37 PM9/3/19