competition feedback

Stephen De Gabrielle

Sep 10, 2019, 9:37:19 AM9/10/19
to Racket Users
Hi Racketeers,

I included some optional questions in the voting for the community choice.
As the responses were anonymous, and generally very positive and/or reasonable, I thought I’d share them with you.

I’d like to recruit a small team to run the next comp - ideally dividing up the tasks so they are small and fun and not onerous.

Have a look at the responses and contact me directly if you are interested.

—-

How could the competition be improved?

·         Minimise the clicks needed to see the contestants' pictures.

·         More fish

·         Suggest more libraries to inspire people to try.

·         Have the pictures of each entry next to the choice boxes

·         Require actual image output for all entries so it's easier to vote

·         Include the output (picture) in the overview at the end of the competition for those who don't want to bother with downloading and running the code.

·         Send fewer emails

·         WITH MY ENTRY. IT WILL BE AWESOME. WOULD HAVE BEEN. WOULD WILLEN BEENISH.

·         I thought it was handled well.

·         unclear if i need to use metapict for this or not

Are there any other sorts of competition you would like to see?

·         Racket Gamejam competition - Racket low-level competition - Racket retro competition

·         Best Racket tutorial

·         Live coding! (Though I probably would not participate myself, but I'd be very eager to watch it!)

·         Racket-based MUD

·         Same thing, but using pict3d!

·         "THOSE WITH MY ENTRIES THAT I HAVE  A CHANCE OF WINNING.

·         I'm having a lot of fun with your form."

·         I think the art competitions are great - perhaps animated stuff?

--
----