Pict combiners in list form?

Hendrik Boom

Sep 4, 2019, 11:06:34 PM9/4/19
to Racket users
Is there a way to call the pict combiners (such as ht-append) giving it a
list of argument picts instead of a varying number of argument picts?

Perhaps another set of append functions, or another way of calling functions
in Racket? I find myself writing list-folowing recursions every time I want
this.

-- hendrik

David Thrane Christiansen

Sep 4, 2019, 11:16:07 PM9/4/19
to Hendrik Boom, Racket users
Hi Hendrik,

I use apply for that.  Eg (apply hbl-append (pict-width (t " ")) my-list-of-picts).

David

Robby Findler

Sep 5, 2019, 7:52:09 AM9/5/19
to David Thrane Christiansen, Hendrik Boom, Racket users
Although this is a bit tedious and I write that too much too ... maybe they should call "flatten" on their arguments or just accept a list of picts?

Robby

Laurent

Sep 5, 2019, 10:03:57 AM9/5/19
to Robby Findler, David Thrane Christiansen, Hendrik Boom, Racket users
Or as a simple hack you can redefine `apply' as a one letter binding like `~'.