how to reinstall a broken package?

Hendrik Boom

Jan 23, 2020, 9:34:10 AM1/23/20
to Racket Users
My installation of OpenGL Mathematics (GLM) for Racket is defective
in that the installed manual has tha complete table of contents but does not
have any content past section 2.1.1.
This may be because of running out of disk space during installation.

Asking raco pkg to install it does not work because it thinks it is already
installed and up-to-date.

Asking raco pkg to remove it just gives ma complaints that other packages
depend on it - other packages that I don't want to uninstall.

Is there a convenient way to ask raco to reinstall a package?

-- hendrik

Sorawee Porncharoenwase

Jan 23, 2020, 9:47:00 AM1/23/20
to Racket Users
I usually do

raco setup --pkgs <package-name>

Eric Griffis

Jan 23, 2020, 1:28:34 PM1/23/20
to Racket Users
Hi Hendrick,

There's always --force.

raco pkg remove --force glm

This works fine when I know I'm going to reinstall the package before
using its dependents.

Eric