download catalog down?

Tom Gillespie

Feb 27, 2020, 5:23:09 PM2/27/20
to Racket Users
Hi,
I (and raco) get a 404 error when trying to access
https://download.racket-lang.org/releases/7.6/catalog/.

I'm seeing the following error on the page.

> ((uncaught-exception-handler)
(*(+(*)(*(+(*)(*)(*)(*)(*))(+(*)(*)(*)(*)(*))(+(*)(*)(*)(*))))(+(*)(*)(*)(*))))
uncaught exception: 404

Help? Thanks!
Tom

Matthew Flatt

Feb 27, 2020, 6:00:12 PM2/27/20
to Tom Gillespie, Racket Users
That path isn't served, but something like

https://download.racket-lang.org/releases/7.6/catalog/pkg/racket-lib

or

https://download.racket-lang.org/releases/7.6/catalog/pkgs

should work (and does work for me).

Tom Gillespie

Feb 27, 2020, 6:44:12 PM2/27/20
to Matthew Flatt, Racket Users
Hi Matthew,
Thanks, this would seem to suggest that something in the settings
for raco is misconfigured on my system. Does that make sense? Thanks!
Tom

Matthew Flatt

Feb 27, 2020, 9:09:26 PM2/27/20
to Tom Gillespie, Racket Users
The URL

https://download.racket-lang.org/releases/7.6/catalog/

is a fine catalog configuration. If you use that catalog and query it
with something like

raco pkg catalog-show racket-lib

then `raco pkg` will form the URL

https://download.racket-lang.org/releases/7.6/catalog/pkg/racket-lib

and fetch that. Or, if you use something like

raco pkg catalog-copy

then `raco pkg` will form the URL

https://download.racket-lang.org/releases/7.6/catalog/pkgs

But fetching the catalog URL without extending it is not part of the
catalog protocol.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/racket-users/CA%2BG3_PPA06VKCc0Wuzu%2B3H-AsPS
> LmZkRiy_DmR5GnghDsZ-%3DRA%40mail.gmail.com.

Tom Gillespie

Feb 27, 2020, 11:52:05 PM2/27/20
to Matthew Flatt, Racket Users
Hi Matthew,
    Thank you for the detailed explanation. The issued turned out to be a problem on my end with my experimental ebuild for installing all 3 implementations of racket on one system, so I will figure out what I was doing wrong and get it sorted out. No problem with anything racket! Best,
Tom