running Racket inside gradescope

Shriram Krishnamurthi

May 19, 2020, 2:42:12 PM5/19/20
to Racket Users
We expect to use Racket with Gradescope [https://www.gradescope.com/] in the fall. Gradescope will run an autograder for programming assignments, using this specification:

(It's manifest as a Docker container.)

Has anyone already set up Gradescope for use in their classes?

If so, can you share your work with us?

If not, are you a potential user?

Shriram

John Clements

May 19, 2020, 3:29:35 PM5/19/20
to Shriram Krishnamurthi, Racket Users
100% yes but no. I am a long-time gradescope user, and I’ve been very happy with it. However, my usage has been entirely with scanned paper exams. I like the work that Gradescope has been doing, but I haven’t engaged with any of their tools beyond the paper-scanning ones, so I definitely don’t have anything to contribute to your work beyond tips on how best to use a paper cutter to remove staples from student exams. Also, the last time I checked, their “complete” tier was a bit rich for my blood; I would have to find a way to get the students to pay for it themselves if I were to seriously consider it.

John