DrRacket Updating Troubles

Lindsey Handley

Nov 18, 2019, 5:39:22 PM11/18/19
to Racket Users
Hello!

The last 2 times I've tried to update DrRacket I've run into a puzzling issue.

I download the new version, install, move it to my Applications folder, and then, when I try to open DrRacket, I get the attached error.

I'll look in Users/lindseyhandley/Library/Racket/ to see what's going on, but there's is no folder yet for 7.4.

I was able to get around the error by installing "lang-file", and then "threading" using these terminal commands:
raco pkg install lang-file
raco pkg install threading

After that, I can finally open DrRacket and start installing other packages... Have y'all seen this before? Other Mac users I know don't seem to run into this error when they update DrRacket.

If it helps, I have OSX El Capitan right now. I can't remember if the last time I ran into this bug was also El Capitan or not.
Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 1.42.31 PM.png