Terminal Phase hits 1.0

Christopher Lemmer Webber

Jan 19, 2020, 10:57:55 PM1/19/20
to Racket Users
Hello,

Just a small blogpost about Terminal Phase, which hit 1.0:

https://dustycloud.org/blog/terminal-phase-1.0/

I think the game is pretty interesting. Anyway, you can try it
yourself:

raco pkg install terminal-phase
raco terminal-phase

(I guess it also installs a launcher thing.)

This is all related to Spritely Goblins, and for more on that, here's a
video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxt2dqqulQc

But... that video is quite long. A more condensed Spritely Goblins
video coming soon-ish.

Anyway, hope you have some fun hammering away at your space key!

- cwebb

David Storrs

Jan 19, 2020, 11:27:31 PM1/19/20
to Christopher Lemmer Webber, Racket Users
Oh, cool.  It's Defender in ASCII art.  Neat idea, and I'm interested to see how to do cursor positioning in Racket.  Thanks for the link.

Christopher Lemmer Webber

Jan 26, 2020, 3:08:00 PM1/26/20
to Racket Users
Not the most interesting part of Spritely Goblins (that is in the
async/distributed stuff, to-be-demo'ed), but something I wrote about
recently and maybe I should link here too:

https://dustycloud.org/blog/goblins-time-travel-micropreview/

Of course, as functional programmers, time-travel isn't that novel.
What's more interesting is how to make it comfortable* when we have many
independently acting objects.

More to come later.

- Chris

* Without introducing the m-word** (which isn't very comfortable for
many)

** monad***

*** one could argue that Goblins kind of can be perceived of as an
implicit monad but the important thing is that this framing is not
exposed to users

Sage Gerard

Jan 26, 2020, 4:47:26 PM1/26/20
to cwe...@dustycloud.org, racket...@googlegroups.com
Nice, I'll actually be competing with a flavor of MaiaVictor's library for reactive models. Time travel is a great add!

I'm definitely interested in reactive patterns, so please give me a
heads up with whatever you have whenever :)

Sage Gerard writes:

> Nice, I'll actually be competing with a flavor of MaiaVictor's library
> for reactive models. Time travel is a great add!

Christopher Lemmer Webber

Jan 27, 2020, 12:07:33 PM1/27/20
to Sage Gerard, racket...@googlegroups.com
And then I just noticed you had sent such an email immediately after ;)