Vectors, boxes and places

Tim Jervis

Feb 3, 2022, 8:58:11 AM2/3/22
to racket...@googlegroups.com
Dear Racketeers,

Is there something I have misunderstood about vectors, boxes and places which might explain why immutable boxes are not place-message-allowed, but immutable vectors are?

> (place-message-allowed? (box-immutable #f))
#f
> (place-message-allowed? (vector-immutable #f))
#t

c.f.

box is like a single-element vector, normally used as minimal mutable storage.

Best,

Tim

John Clements

Feb 3, 2022, 6:18:03 PM2/3/22
to Tim Jervis, racket...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like a good question to me. Perhaps it would make sense to post it to the discourse group, instead? I’m happy to ask on your behalf if you don’t feel like it.

https://racket.discourse.group/

John

Tim Jervis

Feb 4, 2022, 2:45:18 AM2/4/22
to John Clements, racket...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks John, I’ve just posted it there.

Tim