DrRacket complete word more convenient setting

Andrey

Jun 16, 2021, 2:55:54 AM6/16/21
to Racket Users
I configured Tab key according a solution found somewhere:

  #lang s-exp framework/keybinding-lang
  (keybinding "tab" (λ(editor event) (send editor auto-complete)))

It works but I wonder is it possible to setup it like in emacs in racket-mode:

1. Repeating key pressing complete common part and then moves between suggestions
2. Ctrl-N and Ctrl-P moves beetween suggestions.

Thank you.

Laurent

Jun 16, 2021, 3:54:55 PM6/16/21
to Andrey, Racket Users
There's a quickscript that does something similar, but not quite what you want:
It does cycle through completions by pressing the same keybinding repeatedly, but it autocompletes only according to the words that are present in the tab, and not according to the standard autocompletion.

It shouldn't be too complicated to get what you want starting from there, I guess.

Andrey

Jun 17, 2021, 2:54:17 AM6/17/21
to Racket Users
Thanks you. But that's not what I wanted. In fact, Emacs suits me very well, but for working with images I would like to use DrRaket. But minor inconveniences get in the way - like the lack of a familiar auto-completion and inconvenient hints.

It is a pity that I am still far from having a good knowledge of the language and cannot try to configure the editor myself.

(Sorry for my English)
среда, 16 июня 2021 г. в 22:54:55 UTC+3, laurent...@gmail.com:

Laurent

Jun 17, 2021, 4:29:05 AM6/17/21
to Andrey, Racket Users

schle...@gmail.com

Jun 17, 2021, 9:27:46 AM6/17/21
to Racket Users
In fact, Emacs suits me very well, but for working with images I would like to use DrRaket.

I wonder what about images makes you want to leave emacs, when you run `racket-run` (racket mode) from a racket module file in emacs it executes (and enters) that module and then opens a split with the interactions-repl.
That repl also allows you to evaluate expression that result in images, displaying them.

Is there some particular image functionality that drracket has, that isn't supported in racket mode?

Andrey

Jun 17, 2021, 12:38:38 PM6/17/21
to Racket Users

Is there some particular image functionality that drracket has, that isn't supported in racket mode?

1. On my notebook I use terminal emacs with wsl2.
2. I really a vim user, so I'm just learning emacs now (with doom emacs and evil).
3. I want to use a DrRacket as a programmable graphics editor for something like quick and dirty processing - to overlay some images or combine them, place text, align sizes, make gifs and so on. I was impressed  that I can to paste images from clipboard to DrRacket.
4. I just started to deal with Emacs, and with the language, and with IDE, so now my judgments can easily be wrong.