Running DrRacket on Chromebook

Shu-Hung You

Jan 8, 2020, 12:04:29 AM1/8/20
to Racket Users
Hi Racketeers,

How can I run Racket/DrRacket on a Chromebook?

I found two ways to run Linux on top of Chromebook, and thus two ways
to run DrRacket:

1. Built-in Linux (Beta) App
2. Crouton, but requires entering developer mode

When Linux App is not available, is Crouton the only option left?

Best,
Shu-Hung

Stephen De Gabrielle

Jan 27, 2020, 6:54:14 AM1/27/20
to Racket Users
Hi Shu-Hung,

I didn't see a response from any chromebook+racket users.

Were you able to find a way to run Racket/DrRacket on your Chromebook?

I'm not a chromebook user but my limited experience is the linux installer normally works:

If you did get it going I'd be very interested if you had any issues and how you resolved them? (I'd like to add them to the Racket Wiki.)

Kind regards,

Stephen