drracket: disabling tools in edit -> preferences -> tools

Wayne Harris

Sep 20, 2019, 10:41:53 AM9/20/19
to racket users
FWIW, I opened DrRacket (on a Windows system) and disabled some tools in preference -> tools.  On restart, I got a dialog with title DrRacket Internal Error saying

  preferences:get: tired to get a preference but not default set for 'test-engine:enable?'.

Pressing okay on the dialog window, just closed it.  A black-console window stayed open, but DrRacket wouldn't start.  I opened racket-prefs.rktd and removed the line

     (((lib "test-engine") ("test-tool.scm")) skip)

and restarted it.  It came back alive.

I then disabled all tools and restarted.  That worked.  So maybe I disabled a tool that another one needed.

gfb

Sep 20, 2019, 2:04:33 PM9/20/19
to Racket Users
Yes, the  How To Design Programs  (and possibly  DeinProgramm ) tool relies on the  Test Engine  tool.

If you have a moment to do so, I'd encourage filing this consequence as an issue on GitHub.

Wayne Harris

Sep 21, 2019, 10:39:28 AM9/21/19
to gfb, Racket Users
Yes, the  How To Design Programs  (and possibly  DeinProgramm ) tool relies on the  Test Engine  tool.

If you have a moment to do so, I'd encourage filing this consequence as an issue on GitHub.

Done.

Thanks!