Strange error in racket 7.5

greadey

Jan 25, 2020, 7:34:18 AM1/25/20
to Racket Users
Hi there,

I am running racket 7.5 on GhostBSD 20.01, I am getting a strange error running a file which previously ran OK on FreeBSD 12.

../../../../local/share/racket/collects/racket/pretty.rkt:478:8: bigfloat-custom-write: undefined;
 cannot reference an identifier before its definition.

What I cannot understand is that big-float-custom-write is not listed in the documentation.  Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this?

Cheers,

greadey

Gustavo Massaccesi

Jan 25, 2020, 1:30:31 PM1/25/20
to greadey, Racket Users

I can't reproduce the error in Windows, but it doesn't look like an error that is platform dependent. Are you running this in DrRacket or in the command line? Any unusual configuration?

Is the code available? Can you send a minimized example? Try to remove as much as you can (including all the secret sauce if it is an internal project). Any example that shows the error would be very helpful, but if you can reduce the example to a hundred of lines it would be nice. And shorter examples are better, even if the code makes no sense.

Gustavo

greadey

Jan 26, 2020, 4:49:13 AM1/26/20
to Racket Users
Hi Gustavo,
Thanks for getting back to me.  It is definitely a GhostBSD / TrueOS thing.  My masochistic tendencies persuaded me to reinstall a FreeBSD desktop and lo and behold everything is OK.  I was running it in DrRacket.
cheers,
greadey