macOS 10.10 Yosemite?

Robby Findler

Dec 23, 2019, 9:36:50 AM12/23/19
to Racket Users
We recently changed a library that DrRacket uses on macOS 10.10 and
later, but have only a 10.11 version to test on. Does someone have
version 10.10 running that they can download the current Utah snapshot
build and report if DrRacket starts properly and if tabs seem to work
properly (creating a new tab (cmd-t), switching between tabs)?

This is the place to download it: https://www.cs.utah.edu/plt/snapshots/

Thanks!

Robby

Robby Findler

Jan 4, 2020, 4:04:49 PM1/4/20
to Racket Users
No Yosemite users to be found?

Robby

James Platt

Jan 6, 2020, 3:31:02 PM1/6/20
to Racket Users

On Jan 4, 2020, at 4:04 PM, Robby Findler wrote:

> No Yosemite users to be found?

At some point, I should build a Yosemite VM in VMWare for testing purposes but it isn't a priority at the moment. The thing is that Yosemite is one of those versions of macOS where the use cases to stick with it, rather than upgrade, are very rare. IIRC, there is little or no difference in system requirements versus El Capitan and it's very low risk to do that upgrade. If this is important, I could bump up my testing priorities a little.

James

Hendrik Boom

Jan 7, 2020, 7:10:06 AM1/7/20
to Racket Users
On Sat, Jan 04, 2020 at 03:04:32PM -0600, Robby Findler wrote:
> No Yosemite users to be found?

I seem to have inherited my wife's Mac, and am thinking of trying it out.
I haave no idea how to use a Mac, the scrolling works in the opposite
direction to what I'm used to and I can't get to the introductory help
page by some kind of permission constraint. I can get to a Unix shell.

How can I find out if it's running Yosemite?

-- hendrik

Robby Findler

Jan 7, 2020, 7:13:06 AM1/7/20
to Racket Users
On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 6:10 AM Hendrik Boom <hen...@topoi.pooq.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 04, 2020 at 03:04:32PM -0600, Robby Findler wrote:
> > No Yosemite users to be found?
>
> I seem to have inherited my wife's Mac, and am thinking of trying it out.
> I haave no idea how to use a Mac, the scrolling works in the opposite
> direction to what I'm used to and I can't get to the introductory help
> page by some kind of permission constraint. I can get to a Unix shell.
>
> How can I find out if it's running Yosemite?

From the apple menu in the upper right, select "about this mac". The
resulting window should say which version of the OS you have. But
perhaps James's analysis suggests it is unlikely to report 10.10.

Robby