pinning in pict

Hendrik Boom

Jan 28, 2020, 3:39:03 PM1/28/20
to Racket Users
Isn't there something like pin-over and pin-under which extends the
bounding
box to contain both the 'base' and the pict being written over ot
under it?

The version with dx and dy would be fine for me, especially if dx and/or
dy can be negative.

-- hendrik

Robby Findler

Jan 28, 2020, 3:42:36 PM1/28/20
to Racket Users
You can cc-superimpose with a blank pict (perhaps that you get via ghost/launder). Does that help?

Robby

Benjamin Lerner

Jan 28, 2020, 4:22:49 PM1/28/20
to Robby Findler, Racket Users
Wouldn't `(panorama (pin-over base dx dy pict))` handle this?

Robby Findler

Jan 28, 2020, 4:54:14 PM1/28/20
to Benjamin Lerner, Racket Users
It might affect other Picts inside, but if there aren't any, then yes.

Robby

Hendrik Boom

Jan 28, 2020, 4:57:46 PM1/28/20
to Racket Users
On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 02:42:21PM -0600, Robby Findler wrote:
> You can cc-superimpose with a blank pict (perhaps that you get via
> ghost/launder). Does that help?

Yes ... I can calculate the size of the new bounding box from the sizes
of the old picts and the offsets dx and dy, then make the blank pict
accordingly, and then use pin-over and pin-under to make pin each
original pict to the blank pict.

Yes, that would work. It would even handle the case where I wanted to
pin more than two picts together.

(Now why didn't I think of that?)

Thank you.

-- hendrik

Hendrik Boom

Jan 28, 2020, 5:54:32 PM1/28/20
to Racket Users
On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 04:22:45PM -0500, Benjamin Lerner wrote:
> Wouldn't `(panorama (pin-over base dx dy pict))` handle this?

Yes. It would. I hadn't known thei function was available, even
though I had read the pict manual some time ago.

But the recursive scan over the entire set of subpicts might take some
time.

But this is may be easier than the technique with the blank pict.

--hendrik