Racket compiler in Racket

Gustavo Massaccesi

Feb 15, 2015, 3:36:50 PM2/15/15
to Racket Devs
There is project to rewrite the Racket compiler in Racket. I'd like to
know if it has advanced. In particular, if it's still possible to make
big changes to the C code or it's better to wait and keep the code
almost frozen.

I'm planning to do few refactoring an "improvements" in the optimizer
functions that handle predicates (for example expr_implies_predicate
and check_known2_pred). The changes are small enough to be implemented
in a pair of days (if I find no surprises) but they are big enough to
be painful to port if the code is already translated.

Gustavo

Leif Andersen

Feb 17, 2015, 11:14:29 PM2/17/15
to Gustavo Massaccesi, Racket Devs
Hello,

I am working on porting the racket compiler to racket. But it still has a bit to go and I have not yet ported the optimizer. So go right ahead.

Thank you.

~Leif Andersen

Gustavo

Gustavo Massaccesi

Feb 18, 2015, 1:05:17 PM2/18/15
to Leif Andersen, Racket Devs
Ok, thanks. I´ll submit it in a few days.

Gustavo