SSL woes

Faré

Jan 20, 2016, 11:39:30 AM1/20/16
to Racket Dev List
raco pkg install livefrog
Resolving "livefrog" via https://pkgs.racket-lang.org ssl-connect:
connect failed (error:14090086:SSL
routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed)

NB: just installed from http://plt.eecs.northwestern.edu/snapshots/
64-bit x86_64 natipkg built on Debian Wheezy
138.4 MB SHA1: cbff558fda8da4c33521345406ef2cecb877981e as “current”
(checked the sha1sum).
sh racket-test-6.4.0.4-x86_64-linux-natipkg-wheezy.sh --unix-style
--dest ~/local/stow/plt/

Ever stop thinking and forget to start again?

Faré

Jan 26, 2016, 1:56:30 AM1/26/16
to Racket Dev List
The SSL on pkgs.racket-lang.org looks like it's OK after all.
My issue is that I was pulling from the old git repo, and said repo
was in a non-working state that doesn't recognize said the SSL
certificate (in addition to not being the latest racket).

Maybe the old repository at git://git.racket-lang.org/plt.git could
periodically pull from the github repo (say, every night, or at every
release), or else a commit be made that replaces the entire contents
by a single README file and/or shell script explaining how to use the
new repo instead (and first undo the fatal all-destroying commit).

Have the courage to take your own thoughts seriously, for they will shape you.
— Albert Einstein

Gustavo Massaccesi

Jan 26, 2016, 7:33:06 AM1/26/16
to Faré, Racket Dev List
I'm not sure that this was the problem. That day I got a similar
error, and I was using the new repository.

Now I don't get any problem, so whatever it was, it's probably fixed.

Gustavo

Ian Johnson

Jan 26, 2016, 9:04:36 AM1/26/16
to Gustavo Massaccesi, Faré, racke...@googlegroups.com

I've had this problem since I got my new laptop last June. I've tried new repo clones every now and then. No luck.