building from source

Matthias Felleisen

Mar 30, 2015, 9:29:58 AM3/30/15
to dev List

On my Mac, I get this from 'make':

> raco setup: error: during making for <pkgs>/honu/tests
> raco setup: #%app: undefined;
> raco setup: cannot reference an identifier before its definition
> raco setup: in module: 'macros
> raco setup: phase: 1
> raco setup: compiling: <pkgs>/honu/tests/macros.rkt
> make[1]: *** [plain-in-place] Error 1
> make: *** [in-place] Error 2
> updating installed packages

Thanks!

Sam Tobin-Hochstadt

Mar 30, 2015, 9:32:04 AM3/30/15
to Matthias Felleisen, dev List
This is a known bug somewhere in Honu that causes that test to fail to compile. Jens (the most recent person to commit to Honu) looked at it but did not find a fix, so probably one of the developers of Honu needs to fix it.

Sam

Matthias Felleisen

Mar 30, 2015, 9:35:43 AM3/30/15
to Sam Tobin-Hochstadt, dev List

The bug must be intermittent. It didn't show up the last few days -- Matthias

On Mar 30, 2015, at 9:32 AM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <sa...@cs.indiana.edu> wrote:

> This is a known bug somewhere in Honu that causes that test to fail to compile. Jens (the most recent person to commit to Honu) looked at it but did not find a fix, so probably one of the developers of Honu needs to fix it.
>
> Sam
>
> On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 9:30 AM Matthias Felleisen <matt...@ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
>
> On my Mac, I get this from 'make':
>
> > raco setup: error: during making for <pkgs>/honu/tests
> > raco setup: #%app: undefined;
> > raco setup: cannot reference an identifier before its definition
> > raco setup: in module: 'macros
> > raco setup: phase: 1
> > raco setup: compiling: <pkgs>/honu/tests/macros.rkt
> > make[1]: *** [plain-in-place] Error 1
> > make: *** [in-place] Error 2
> > updating installed packages
>
> Thanks!

Jens Axel Søgaard

Mar 30, 2015, 1:35:24 PM3/30/15
to Sam Tobin-Hochstadt, Matthias Felleisen, dev List
> This is a known bug somewhere in Honu that causes that test to fail to
> compile. Jens (the most recent person to commit to Honu) looked at it but
> did not find a fix, so probably one of the developers of Honu needs to fix
> it.

It is this test:

https://github.com/racket/honu/blob/master/tests/macros2.honu#L22

In particular the error occurs when the macro:

macro foo (){ x:identifier }{
syntax(macro x (){ e:expression }{
syntax(e + z)
})
}

is invoked.

I was unable to figure out the cause of the "#%app unbound" error.
My hunch is that #%app is unbound in phase 1 and that it needs
to be imported in the test file macros2.honu, but I don't know
how to do that in Honu.

[And it is only a hunch - it might be something else]

/Jens Axel