Pre-Release Checklist for v6.3, Second Call

Ryan Culpepper

Oct 30, 2015, 1:40:35 PM10/30/15
to d...@racket-lang.org
Checklist items for the v6.3 release
(using the v6.2.901.900 release candidate build)

Search for your name to find relevant items, reply when you finish an
item (please indicate which item/s is/are done). Also, if you have any
commits that should have been picked, make sure that the changes are in.

Important: new builds are created without announcement, usually whenever
I pick a few commits. If you need to commit changes, please make sure
you tell me to pick it into the release branch.

--> Release candidates are at
--> http://pre-release.racket-lang.org

Please use these installers (or source bundles) -- don't test from
your own git clone (don't test the `master' branch by mistake!). To
get the tests, you can do this:

cd ...racket-root...
./bin/raco pkg install -i main-distribution-test

* Matthew Flatt <mfl...@cs.utah.edu>
- Run COM tests

* John Clements <clem...@brinckerhoff.org>
- Stepper Tests
Updates:
- Stepper Updates: update HISTORY
(updates should show v6.3 as the most current version; email me
to pick the changes when they're done, or tell me if there are no such
changes.)

* Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <sa...@ccs.neu.edu>,
Vincent St-Amour <stam...@ccs.neu.edu>
- Match Tests
- Typed Racket Tests
- Typed Racket Updates: update HISTORY
(updates should show v6.3 as the most current version; email me
to pick the changes when they're done, or tell me if there are no such
changes.)

* Ryan Culpepper <ry...@ccs.neu.edu>
- Macro Debugger Tests
- Data Tests
Release tests for (one of the) linux releases:
- Test that the `racket' and `racket-textual' source releases
compile fine (note that they're still called `plt' and `mz' at
this stage).
- Test that the binary installers for both work, try each one in
both normal and unix-style installation modes. (just ubuntu)
[Note: get the release candidates from the URL in this email. Use
the 'static table' link to see a list of all tar files available]

* Stephen Chang <stc...@ccs.neu.edu>
- Lazy stepper tests

* Stephen Bloch <sbl...@adelphi.edu>
- Picturing Programs Tests

* Greg Cooper <gr...@cs.brown.edu>
- FrTime Tests

* David Van Horn <dvan...@ccs.neu.edu>
- EoPL Tests

* Neil Toronto <neil.t...@gmail.com>
- Plot Tests
- Images Tests
- Inspect icons
- Math tests

* Doug Williams <m.douglas...@gmail.com>
- Additional Plot Tests

Matthew Flatt

Oct 30, 2015, 1:47:51 PM10/30/15
to Ryan Culpepper, d...@racket-lang.org
At Fri, 30 Oct 2015 13:40:15 -0400, Ryan Culpepper wrote:
> * Matthew Flatt <mfl...@cs.utah.edu>
> - Run COM tests

Passed.

Vincent St-Amour

Oct 30, 2015, 5:57:35 PM10/30/15
to Ryan Culpepper, d...@racket-lang.org
On Fri, 30 Oct 2015 12:40:15 -0500,
Ryan Culpepper wrote:
> * Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <sa...@ccs.neu.edu>,
> Vincent St-Amour <stam...@ccs.neu.edu>
> - Match Tests
> - Typed Racket Tests

All pass.

> - Typed Racket Updates: update HISTORY
> (updates should show v6.3 as the most current version; email me
> to pick the changes when they're done, or tell me if there are no such
> changes.)

Done.

Vincent

Stephen Chang

Nov 2, 2015, 12:09:02 PM11/2/15
to Ryan Culpepper, dev
> * Stephen Chang <stc...@ccs.neu.edu>
> - Lazy stepper tests

pass

'John Clements' via dev-redirect

Nov 2, 2015, 9:01:01 PM11/2/15
to Ryan Culpepper, d...@racket-lang.org

> * John Clements <clem...@brinckerhoff.org>
> - Stepper Tests

Done.

> Updates:
> - Stepper Updates: update HISTORY
> (updates should show v6.3 as the most current version; email me
> to pick the changes when they're done, or tell me if there are no such
> changes.)

Done, indicated “Merge to 6.3” in commit message.

John

signature.asc

Gregory Cooper

Nov 3, 2015, 10:51:33 AM11/3/15
to Ryan Culpepper, d...@racket-lang.org
* Greg Cooper <gr...@cs.brown.edu>
  - FrTime Tests

Passed.

Doug Williams

Nov 6, 2015, 12:00:36 AM11/6/15
to Ryan Culpepper, d...@racket-lang.org
The plot tests I have worked as expected. Done.