should saving to a new location retrigger automatic compilation?

'John Clements' via dev-redirect

Feb 18, 2015, 1:55:23 PM2/18/15
to d...@racket-lang.org
A student of mine just had a spurious automatic compilation error that occurred when he
a) wrote a program in an unsaved buffer with a relative ‘require’. (automatic compilation shows error)
b) saved it to a new location (no keystroke in buffer, so automatic compilation still shows error)
c) raised his hand and told me about the problem. I told him to hit the space bar, and the problem went away.

I conjecture, though, that it would be appropriate to trigger automatic compilation when a buffer is saved to a new location. Does this make sense?

John

Robby Findler

May 11, 2015, 9:39:51 AM5/11/15
to John Clements, d...@racket-lang.org
Yes, indeed. I've pushed that change and it should be in time for the
release too.

Thanks,
Robby