Offline installation

JanesDiary

Oct 29, 2019, 11:47:40 AM10/29/19
to Quicklisp
Hello all,

I have just started trying to get into using QuickLisp and ran into the problem of having the need for a network connection in order to use the command (quicklisp-quickstart:install).

The computer I am using is not able to connect to the internet. Is there a way that I can download the quicklisp libraries it manages to be hosted locally and have quicklisp point to that instead?

Thanks in advance!

Janes

Zach Beane

Oct 29, 2019, 1:46:12 PM10/29/19
to quicklisp
If you have an online computer, you can use (ql-dist:ensure-installed (ql-dist:provided-releases t)) to install everything, then zip up the ~/quicklisp directory and send it to the offline computer. That will not try to fetch anything because it will all already be available.

Zach