Qubes Updater doesn't update

trichel

Mar 20, 2020, 4:22:11 PM3/20/20
to qubes-users
Qubes 4.03
Qubes updater runs normally without errors, but doesn't actually update *Debian* templates. Same problem with Whonix templates. *Fedora* templates get updated normally. No further details or error messages are provided by the Updater. Qubes Updater also doesn't notice any updates are available for Debian templates, resulting in outdated Templates without the user knowing.

Updating Debian templates with the Qube Manager just works, but the problem persists.

Maybe something bugging in my config, or has anybody experienced something similar? Any advice what to do?

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Mar 21, 2020, 3:39:50 PM3/21/20
to trichel, qubes-users

cubit

Mar 25, 2020, 1:53:53 PM3/25/20
to trichel, qubes-users
Mar 20, 2020, 20:21 by qubes...@googlegroups.com:
Updating Debian templates with the Qube Manager just works, but the problem persists.

Maybe something bugging in my config, or has anybody experienced something similar? Any advice what to do?

I think it's a bigger bug, not just you.    I have the exact same problem and there was a similar thread a week or two ago where others had problem too

¬cubit

trichel

Mar 25, 2020, 7:41:00 PM3/25/20
to Marek Marczykowski-Górecki, qubes-users
> Sounds like https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/5705
> The fix is already in current-testing repository, and will be uploaded
> to current (aka stable) in few days.

You were correct, the latest Dom0 Update solved it :)

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Mar 27, 2020, 8:30:37 PM3/27/20
to Ulrich Windl, qubes-users
On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 12:57:55AM +0100, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> On 2020-03-21 20:39, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:
> > Sounds like https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/5705
> > The fix is already in current-testing repository, and will be uploaded
> > to current (aka stable) in few days.
>
> Had the problem with whonix-gw-15 and whonix-ws-15 today (when no Dom0
> update was displayed). I decided to update both templates via cubes manager
> and then manually update Dom0 via command line.
> Should the problem be gone from now then?

Yes.
signature.asc