Teamviewer 13 won't start (QubesOS 3.2)

Others call me jean

May 25, 2018, 8:32:59 AM5/25/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Since Fedora 26 and Teamviewer 13 I can't open teamviewer anymore:

[user@fedora-28-dvm ~]$ teamviewer

Init...
CheckCPU: SSE2 support: yes
Checking setup...
Launching TeamViewer ...
Launching TeamViewer GUI ...
[user@fedora-28-dvm ~]$

-> no GUI

This issue sounds like the same problem, but I don't know how I can get
the solution:

Thanks for help

799

May 25, 2018, 11:52:33 AM5/25/18
to Others call me jean, qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Others call me jean <nom...@trash-mail.com> schrieb am Fr., 25. Mai 2018, 14:32:
[...]

What display resolution are you running and what about other applications in the same AppVM?

[799]

Others call me jean

May 27, 2018, 5:22:15 AM5/27/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
On 05/25/2018 05:52 PM, 799 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Others call me jean <nom...@trash-mail.com
> <mailto:nom...@trash-mail.com>> schrieb am Fr.,
Display resolution: 1920x1080

I don't run other application in the same VM (only a test vm for teamviewer)

799

May 27, 2018, 10:10:31 AM5/27/18
to Others call me jean, qubes-users
Hello,

On 27 May 2018 at 11:22, Others call me jean <nom...@trash-mail.com> wrote:
On 05/25/2018 05:52 PM, 799 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Others call me jean <nom...@trash-mail.com
> <mailto:nom...@trash-mail.com>> schrieb am Fr.,
> 25. Mai 2018, 14:32:
>
>     [...]
>     Since Fedora 26 and Teamviewer 13 I can't open teamviewer anymore:
>
>     [user@fedora-28-dvm ~]$ teamviewer
>
>     Init...
>     CheckCPU: SSE2 support: yes
>     Checking setup...
>     Launching TeamViewer ...
>     Launching TeamViewer GUI ...
>     [user@fedora-28-dvm ~]$
>
>     -> no GUI

Display resolution: 1920x1080
I don't run other application in the same VM (only a test vm for teamviewer)

I tried to install & run teamviewer in a fedora-26 based AppVM under Qubes 4 (as I don't have 3.2).
Teamviewer shows the same problem like you are describing unter Qubes 3.2.
Other applications start normally from the same AppVM and I am running a non high-dpi-resolution.
As such the problem seems to be within the Teamviewer setup.

from there:

"TeamViewer relies on session info to be made available to the daemon. The desktop manager (lightdm) is involved in this. TeamViewer needs this information to allow connecting to the login screen (lightdm) and then transfer to the actual user session.We focus on that ability in our development. However, your scenario is also valid of course. Once we get the (non-installed) TAR package fixed, you might prefer it however. You should be able to just start it when needed and it should also work if no desktop manager exists."

I thereof tried to installed lightdm via sudo yum install lightdm but even after installing it, I got the same problem.

My suggestion is to switch from Teamviewer to AnyDesk, which is working without any problems under all OSes:
https://anydesk.com/remote-desktop

Companies who are unable/unwilling to provide cross-platform solution shouldn't be supported.
I have switched from using Teamviewer to AnyDesk and haven't looked back.

[799]