HCL: Thinkpad t480s

Dh4rm4

Sep 21, 2018, 6:29:36 AM9/21/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I've been using Qubes on a Thinkpad t480s for a month now, and I'd like to give you some feedbacks about my experience.
You'll find attached to this mail, the generated report and the HCL Support file.

Conclusion:
Pretty much everything works out of the box.
No problem during the installation, just have to set the BIOS as "legacy".

Problem:
- can't suspend the system, it will crash when waking up. The solution I found, was to disable the 2nd usb controller on sys-usb (3.0 xHCI Controler)
- brightness problem: Consider the brightness value from 0 to 11, with 0 as a black screen and 11 the maximum brightness. I can't access brightness 1 naturally. I must go all the way up to 11, then go down to 1. An other consequence of this issue, is the popup showing the current brightness having some visual issues.
- no support for TPM2.0. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is actually no support on XEN for the last TPM version.

I made a little guide on github, if it can be useful to anyone:

Have a nice day, and keep up the good work :)

Qubes-HCL-LENOVO-20L7CTO1WW-20180921-121022.yml
Qubes-HCL-LENOVO-20L7CTO1WW-20180921-122842.cpio.gz