[Q3.2rc1] XFCE bugs with locale and suspend

Eva Star

Jul 4, 2016, 7:14:49 AM7/4/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com

Andrew David Wong

Jul 4, 2016, 10:47:57 PM7/4/16
to Eva Star, qubes...@googlegroups.com

On 2016-07-03 18:05, Eva Star wrote:
> 1) Failed to start any VM after suspend (tested on xfce)
>
> Qubes Manager show icon with following error: Error starting vm
> internal error: libxenlight failed to create new domai n
>
> Log file: libvchen_is_eof

Tracking:

> 2) Some characters does not show. It's on XFCE. Is it possible to
> fix this? https://i.imgur.com/xqLqHGD.png

For security, window titles are sanitized for ASCII-only characters by
default. You can disable this setting (globally or per-VM) in
/etc/qubes/guid.conf (in dom0).

Previous discussion:

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/qubes-users/l_yqreeNTRc/discussion

> 3) Related to first issue: It's only show error icon per vm and
> need to hover to get the error. Why not to add this errors to log?

Tracking:

> 4) About issue with losing "System Tools" links at Application
> menu you are already noticed? https://i.imgur.com/rCMiymX.png It's
> also not available under right click of the mouse.

Added:

https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/2122#issuecomment-
230376188

> Some questions: Is it "safe" to give "yes to all" permissions to vm
> with Enigmail(PGP) to access vaultvm through slip-pgp-key?

It depends on your threat model, but in many common use cases, yes,
it's safe.

> And seems it's not possible to use subkeys on such configuration?

It is indeed possible to use subkeys with Split GPG:

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/split-gpg/#tocAnchor-1-1-6

> Enigmail does not give to select subkey. Only primary key
> available for signing messages.

This sounds like it may just be how subkeys (are supposed to) work.
(If not, it could possibly be a limitation of Enigmail).

> Suggestion: Qubes Manager UX - Add possibility to sort meny items
> up and down. It's useful in big list to keep some most used
> application at the top. https://i.imgur.com/gctZoJl.png

Added:

https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/1870#issuecomment-
230376093