Qubes OS working on Thinkpad X220

ipadr...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2017, 11:40:48 AM2/5/17
to qubes-users
Hi there,

I failed to boot Qubes from USB drive on a Thinkpad X220 whereas it should work fine.
I used Rufus (DD Image) to install the ISO on the USB drive, desactivated the UEFI boot.
Any advice ?

rmf...@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2017, 12:38:52 AM2/16/17
to qubes-users, ipadr...@gmail.com

I just installed Qubes on an Thinkpad x230, but I installed from a DVD. I didn't have any luck booting from USB.

Hope this helps!

Matt P

Feb 16, 2017, 5:09:55 AM2/16/17
to qubes-users, ipadr...@gmail.com

I recently did an install onto x230. I used a utility (not sure which one) to extract the el torito boot image from the cd.

This wasn't the one I used, but it looks like it might do the trick?
https://www.codeproject.com/articles/11210/extracting-the-boot-image-from-a-cd-dvd-el-torito

Grzesiek Chodzicki

Feb 16, 2017, 7:44:55 AM2/16/17
to qubes-users, ipadr...@gmail.com
Create the USB drive in ISO mode and not DD mode. Worked for me.