debian network manager add vpn connection

Qubes

Aug 15, 2020, 3:45:12 AM8/15/20
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
I have more than one vpn connection configured using appVMs based on
Fedora. If you open the "Qube Settings" window you can add the
"network-manager" service on the "Services" tab. If you then boot the
appVM a network manager icon appears in the system tray. If you click on
the icon you can select "VPN Connections -> Add a VPN connection...".

On the new window that opens there is a dropdown menu that you can use
to continue with the VPN configuration. Usually you would just choose to
import a saved vpn connection.

When I choose debian as the base template for my appVM and I choose to
add a new vpn connection from the network manager icon the dropdown on
the vpn connection wizard is blank, there is nothing to choose. Is the
configuration on debian different?

unman

Aug 15, 2020, 9:15:46 AM8/15/20
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
No, the configuration is the same, but the Template is more basic.
Fortunately, if you try to select VPN, the "Choose a VPN Connection
Type" Window **tells** you that "if the type of VPN connection you wish to
create does not appear in the list, you may not have the correct VPN
plugin installed."

So you need to open the template and install (using aptitude or some
other package management tool) the VPN plugin you want - look at the
"network-manager-XXX" plugins.

Qubes

Aug 15, 2020, 4:34:28 PM8/15/20
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Ahh, thank you uman I missed that. Done and working.