fedora-24-minimal and WiFi: Shows network, but does not connect

Robert Mittendorf

Dec 1, 2016, 10:01:16 AM12/1/16
to qubes-users
As mentioned here:
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/templates/fedora-minimal/

I installed:
NetworkManager NetworkManager-wifi network-manager-applet wireless-tools
dbus-x11 dejavu-sans-fonts tinyproxy

to the minimal template to use it for a NetVM (WiFi)

The NetworkManager icon appears and lists available networks. If I
double-click in order to connect nothing happens. If I use fedora-24 or
fedora-23 template for the same VM, everything is fine.

Does somebody know which package is missing?

Andrew David Wong

Dec 1, 2016, 5:07:39 PM12/1/16
to Robert Mittendorf, qubes-users

Robert Mittendorf

Dec 2, 2016, 6:02:26 AM12/2/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Am 12/01/2016 um 11:07 PM schrieb Andrew David Wong:
Are you sure it's a missing package? I pretty sure I installed only those
packages and haven't run into that issue.

Does it work correctly if you try switching to the full template?

As said before using the full template in the same VM works.
Further testing showed that WPA Enterprise seems to be supported (not my network, but i am asked for authentication details) but not unknown WPA with a pre-shared key.

An already configured WP2 PSK works and open networks are working, too.

nm-applet Stderror revals that libnotify cannot connect to a proxy
signature.asc

Robert Mittendorf

Dec 6, 2016, 10:10:51 AM12/6/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
I solved the problem using

dnf install notification-daemon gnome-keyring

without this it is not possible to store credentials for a new network
or change existing ones.

Foppe de Haan

Dec 7, 2016, 2:27:28 AM12/7/16
to qubes-users, mitte...@digitrace.de