Dear qubes-users

Mr. Harrison

Sep 23, 2016, 4:07:59 AM9/23/16
to qubes-users
Dear qubes-users,

I am long time qubes follower and user. I apologize in advance if anyone
feels this request is spam.

I am looking for two invite codes needed to sign up to anonymous
riseup.net email service.

I am hoping there are some qubes users who are riseup.net account
holders.

Can anyone please send me a couple of invite codes that I might be able
to sign up?

Thank you in advance.

amadaus

Sep 24, 2016, 9:38:53 AM9/24/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Mr. Harrison:
Hi
I'm sorry but I personally dont think its ethical to vouch for a
complete stranger. Especially as you do not appear to have a record on
this forum.
Might I suggest you apply to riseup via their website stating why you
think you deserve an account. They usually grant one after about a week
or so.
Good luck

signature.asc

amadaus

Sep 24, 2016, 9:45:16 AM9/24/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Mr. Harrison:
signature.asc

amadaus

Sep 24, 2016, 9:50:17 AM9/24/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Mr. Harrison:
signature.asc

Desobediente Civil

Sep 24, 2016, 10:57:39 AM9/24/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
This is not spam, however this is against riseup's rules.

Riseup users are not supposed to invite people they don't know personally.

If it is only secure e-mail you need, and you are in an emergency, then
I'd recommend protonmail. For less secure needs, I'd recommend openmailbox.

johny...@sigaint.org

Sep 24, 2016, 1:54:01 PM9/24/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
> Mr. Harrison:
>> Dear qubes-users,
>>
>> I am long time qubes follower and user. I apologize in advance if anyone
>> feels this request is spam.
>>
>> I am looking for two invite codes needed to sign up to anonymous
>> riseup.net email service.

I agree that asking random strangers for Riseup invites is inappropriate,
especially on a mailing list.

But just FYI, I received my riseup account by mailing the administrators,
explaining the ongoing harassment/hacking/spying situation that
necessitated better email security, and they gave me an account without
referrals.

sigaint is another option that doesn't require referrals, but does require
Tor to access as it's only available as hidden service (a good thing,
probably):

http://sigaintevyh2rzvw.onion

(Sigaint was asking for donations recently, saying they only had a month
or so of operating funds left; so there's a chance they could suddenly
disappear, but for now, it's not a bad option.)

Cheers.

JJ

Chris Laprise

Sep 24, 2016, 3:43:26 PM9/24/16
to johny...@sigaint.org, qubes...@googlegroups.com
Riseup sent out a similar message last week, saying they needed to raise
funds quickly.

Chris