HCL - Purism Librem 13v2

Max Andersen

Aug 4, 2018, 4:44:41 PM8/4/18
to qubes-users
Major issues with Coreboot, crashes, etc.

-
https://forums.puri.sm/t/building-coreboot-from-source-official-script/1264/113

- https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/3753

After several updates, install went fine. Now only minor issues:

Rattling fan noise, due to bios version. Will maybe get fixed:
https://militant.dk/Ny%20optagelse%203.m4a?dl=0

Pipe not recognized properly:
To make change permanent a workaround is required:
https://forums.puri.sm/t/keyboard-layout-unable-to-recognize-pipe/2022/3?u=max4

Having issues with danish keyboard layout and the '@' sign. Also having
issues with keyboard layout in qubes has to be default and not danish,
since copy paste fails to work.

Can not recommend this laptop for Qubes usage. I even ordered it with
qubes installed, but PureOS was installed and I had a battle to get
things right. Took forever and is actually not worth it, in my book.
Read about it here, if you like:
https://www.militant.dk/2018/02/22/ordering-a-purism-librem-13v2-to-run-qubes-4-0rc4/

Sincerely

Max

Qubes-HCL-Purism-Librem_13_v2-20180804-220810.yml
signature.asc

pixel fairy

Aug 5, 2018, 3:04:20 PM8/5/18
to qubes-users

damn! thanks for the heads up!

(still looking forward the phone though)

m...@militant.dk

Aug 5, 2018, 3:19:25 PM8/5/18
to qubes-users
Yup, looking forward to it, too :) Hopefully I'm not paying a fine with the extra tax when it arrives from the US Delivery from EU would have been preferred.

Sincerely
Max