QR32 & Mulitasking?

09132784091378409137842098

Oct 2, 2016, 9:49:20 AM10/2/16
to qubes-users
Hello,

my CPU is running with 14% and my RAM is in usage by 21%.

And if I like to type something in the text-editor, the QSystem seems to sleep.

How I can check quite simple of the multitasking is running fine?

Is there something like Multi-Tasking-Check, Multi-Tasking-Diagnostics?

For me it seams strange, because the responsiveness of the brandnew QR32 is low on my system.

Kind Regards

Eva Star

Oct 2, 2016, 12:00:00 PM10/2/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Run the top on the dom0 terminal at background and try to do something.
I guess you will see process that slow down the system.

--
Regards

17093284710924378091432780943178

Oct 2, 2016, 3:58:00 PM10/2/16
to qubes-users
Hello,

my QR32 is running currently with 4% CPU and 34% RAM.

And suddenly I get an input gap of 10-20 seconds - only for tying this text.

This seems not dependent on the lack of hardware.

Can I speed up this delay times?

But it seems if I click short on a dom0 window it wakes up for 3 seconds.

Kind Regards

raah...@gmail.com

Oct 4, 2016, 2:55:50 PM10/4/16
to qubes-users, kerste...@gmail.com

strange, type xlinfo in dom0 terminal and see all your ram is recognized. how much ram?

besides top, you can try xentop in dom0 terminal to see cpu use from the diff vms. maybe something hogging the cpu?

unplug all usb devices, try a diff keyboard? are you using a sys-usb for your keyboard?

raah...@gmail.com

Oct 4, 2016, 2:59:19 PM10/4/16
to qubes-users, kerste...@gmail.com, raah...@gmail.com

are you typing this in an appvm or an hvm? how much memory left in dom0 shown in the qubes-manager, if mine goes under 1700mb i can start lagging.

702357045704574579

Oct 13, 2016, 4:59:14 PM10/13/16
to qubes-users
Hello,