Tweak Tool not working as expected after upgrade to Fedora 26

Mark Malcom

Jan 3, 2018, 9:11:16 PM1/3/18
to qubes-users
Well guys, just trying to see if anyone is facing the same issue here:

I downloaded fedora-26 template and after that my gnome-tweak-tool is completely ignored: no themes, no windows scaling anymore. Not just the Tweak Tool, but if I try to change the scale factor with gnomesettings, that is also ignored.
This is true for new and existing appVMs and also, an upgrade from Fedora 25 to 26 with subsequent qubes trimming yields the same result.

It is really annoying as I have a 4K display and now had to downgrade the resolution and still getting very small windows.

Maybe could anyone shed a light what can be done to get these settings back again? I'm not sure if there is any other package that needs installed and configured for the Tweak Tool to work, plus gnome scaling settings.

Thanks everyone.

Markus Kilås

Jan 4, 2018, 9:18:25 AM1/4/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com, Mark Malcom
It could maybe be that the gnome settings daemon thing is not running.

I followed the suggestion of having xsd-xsettings autostart from this
comment and got scaling back to work:
https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/3108#issuecomment-353786604

Cheers,
Markus

Tom Zander

Jan 4, 2018, 11:17:46 AM1/4/18
On Thursday, 4 January 2018 02:11:16 GMT Mark Malcom wrote:
> I downloaded fedora-26 template and after that my gnome-tweak-tool is
> completely ignored: no themes, no windows scaling anymore. Not just the
> Tweak Tool, but if I try to change the scale factor with gnomesettings,
> that is also ignored.

Lets check if its an environment issue;

if you start a terminal on a VM.
In that terminal do an;
export GDK_SCALE=2.3
and then start something like chromium or any gtk app.
does that work?

If yes, then you know its most likely a problem with environment variables
in your VM in one way or another.
--
Tom Zander
Blog: https://zander.github.io