Can a joystick be used as a mouse?

aisterua...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2018, 4:05:06 PM4/10/18
to qubes-users
Is there a way that a ordinary gaming joystick could be used in place of a mouse to control the cursor in Qubes? I am having some trouble with a repetitive stress injury, and I thought a joystick might be more ergonomic.

I have seen information on how this can be done on a normal Linux system (such as by editing the xorg configuration), but have not been able to get it to work. I am also aware that there are special joystick pointers made for people with dexterity problems, but these are prohibitively expensive.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

--Timmy

Giulio

Apr 10, 2018, 4:43:18 PM4/10/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Have you considered a vertical mouse?

aisterua...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2018, 3:30:27 PM4/11/18
to qubes-users

I have one, but it hasn't helped as much as I would have liked.