Lenovo ThinkPad T460s 20FAS5WM00

bertho...@web.de

Nov 13, 2016, 9:57:42 AM11/13/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
all working as intended, only exception: no sound @hdmi yet.

Qubes-HCL-LENOVO-20FAS5WM00-20161113-145806.yml

elimi...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2017, 9:23:53 PM3/21/17
to qubes-users, bertho...@web.de
On Sunday, November 13, 2016 at 6:57:42 AM UTC-8, bertho...@web.de wrote:
> all working as intended, only exception: no sound @hdmi yet.

How is battery life on your T460s using Qubes? I'm considering buying one, but there's lots of complaints online about that.

And is the CPU fast enough? I'm looking at machines with 4 cores as well.

Thanks!

bertho...@web.de

Mar 22, 2017, 4:30:47 AM3/22/17
to qubes-users, elimi...@gmail.com
Because of software problems with my ThinkPad Dock, i switched over to a
hardened Kubuntu for my T460s. I can now assume that battery life with
Qubes is kinda okai, but definitely better with Kubuntu (about 30min/1h
more).
The CPU doesnt had problems with Qubes, but 8gb of RAM were enough, but
more RAM is better. I wasnt able to use 2 fedora domains parallel with
Win7 HVM.