Qubes 4.0 +Debian9 with Chuckoo Sandbox on Virtualbox

Black Beard

Nov 17, 2018, 4:26:00 PM11/17/18
to qubes-users

Hey community,

i hope, that someone can help me by following probleme.

My main OS is Qubes 4.0. No Dual-boot or other stuff. Only Qubes 4.0 installed.

My target:

Install Chuckoo Sandbox in Virtualbox on Debian9

https://cuckoo.sh/docs/installation/host/index.html

On my Debian9 Template i installed Virtualbox successfully. On Virtualbox i want install Windows7-Pro 64 Bit.

First probleme is that i only can use 32bit Version of Windows and also Linux.

After configs and try start Windows7 i become following error message

Kernel driver not installed (rc=-1908)

The VirtualBox Linux kernel driver (vboxdrv) is either not loaded or there is a permission problem with /dev/vboxdrv. Please reinstall the kernel module by executing

'/sbin/vboxconfig'

as root.

where: suplibOsInit what: 3 VERR_VM_DRIVER_NOT_INSTALLED (-1908) - The support driver is not installed. On linux, open returned ENOENT.

I think i must update my kernel, but how can i do this under Qubes?

About your help i would be very happy.

regards and thx alot

a...@it-minds.dk

Nov 18, 2018, 9:55:48 AM11/18/18
to qubes-users
lørdag den 17. november 2018 kl. 22.26.00 UTC+1 skrev Black Beard:
> Hey community,
>
> i hope, that someone can help me by following probleme.
>
> My main OS is Qubes 4.0. No Dual-boot or other stuff. Only Qubes 4.0 installed.
>
> My target:
>
> Install Chuckoo Sandbox in Virtualbox on Debian9

Hey!

To my knowledge, it is not possible to run Virtualbox in a PVH VM (i.e. any type of Qube).

You can create a HVM, but I don't know whether or not Virtualbox works in those.

I would recommend installing Windows directly in a HVM though. I believe that's the recommended way from the Qubes devs as well.

Full disclosure: I don't know what Cuckoo is or how it works.

Hope you can use this :)
Otherwise, maybe someone else can chime in!

Regards