qvm-block doesn't see a thin volume

Crypto Carabao Group

Jun 7, 2019, 8:22:05 AM6/7/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Created a thin volume on a second hdd.
Can use mount to attach it to dom0 and make a backup on it for  example.
mounted or unmounted, qvm-block can't see it. So, can't attach it to any other cube.

Is that how it's supposed to be?
publickey - cryptocarabao@protonmail.ch - 0x3F7D5EFD.asc
signature.asc

awokd

Jun 7, 2019, 8:39:51 AM6/7/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
'Crypto Carabao Group' via qubes-users wrote on 6/7/19 12:21 PM:
Think you missed a step. Did you see
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/secondary-storage/ ?

awokd

Jun 7, 2019, 8:43:49 AM6/7/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
awokd wrote on 6/7/19 12:39 PM:
I might have read too fast, too. If you want to attach the whole volume,
it ought to work with qvm-block. Has to be unmounted from dom0. Maybe
reboot?

brenda...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2019, 8:36:19 PM6/7/19
to qubes-users
On Friday, June 7, 2019 at 8:43:49 AM UTC-4, awokd wrote:
> awokd wrote on 6/7/19 12:39 PM:
> > 'Crypto Carabao Group' via qubes-users wrote on 6/7/19 12:21 PM:
> >> Created a thin volume on a second hdd.
> >> Can use mount to attach it to dom0 and make a backup on it for  example.
> >> mounted or unmounted, qvm-block can't see it. So, can't attach it to
> >> any other cube.
> >>
> I might have read too fast, too. If you want to attach the whole volume,
> it ought to work with qvm-block. Has to be unmounted from dom0. Maybe
> reboot?

How is the second hdd connected? SATA, USB 2, USB 3, SAS, SCSI, iSCSI, Firewire?