How do I create an HVM?

sevas

Mar 10, 2018, 2:19:16 AM3/10/18
to qubes-users
Been following the docs and I cant get it.

qvm-create --hvm
#No such argument
qvm-create --HVM
#No such argument
qvm-create --class hvm
qvm-create --class=hvm
qvp create --class hardwareVM....

you get the picture. I must be missing something. I just want to start an iso from a VM.

Im forever in your debt.

sevas

Mar 10, 2018, 2:28:01 AM3/10/18
to qubes-users
Oh right. errors too.

# got empty response from qubesd. see journalctl

journal
#protocol error for call b'admin.vm.Create.hvm'+b''

awokd

Mar 10, 2018, 3:41:51 AM3/10/18
to sevas, qubes-users
Which doc are you following? Those commands are missing many arguments.
Look for the one about creating HVMs.

In general, if you are having trouble figuring out the options for a
command, the Qubes commands follow the GNU/Linux convention of displaying
additional help with the --help option.

799

Mar 10, 2018, 6:18:53 AM3/10/18
to sevas, qubes-users
Hello,
I think it's all in the docs:

For example:

qvm-create win7 --class StandaloneVM --property virt_mode=hvm --property kernel="" --property memory=4096 --property maxmem=4096 --property debug=True --label green

[799]