Are these needed by Qubes?

Drew White

Sep 18, 2016, 11:03:34 PM9/18/16
to qubes-users
Are these packages (any there of) required by Qubes?

cdparanoia.x86_64 10.2-20.fc23
cdrdao.x86_64 1.2.3-25.fc23
dvd+rw-tools.x86_64 7.1-19.fc23
enca.x86_64 1.18-1.fc23
exempi.x86_64 2.2.1-12.fc23
genisoimage.x86_64 1.1.11-29.fc23
giflib.x86_64 4.1.6-14.fc23
gmime.x86_64 2.6.20-5.fc23
icedax.x86_64 1.1.11-29.fc23
libao.x86_64 1.2.0-5.fc23
libburn.x86_64 1.4.4-1.fc23
libcue.x86_64 1.4.0-6.fc23
libgrss.x86_64 0.7.0-1.fc23
libgsf.x86_64 1.14.33-2.fc23
libgxps.x86_64 0.2.3.2-1.fc23
libiptcdata.x86_64 1.0.4-13.fc23
libisofs.x86_64 1.4.4-1.fc23
libmediaart.x86_64 1.9.0-3.fc23
libosinfo.x86_64 0.2.12-2.fc23
libquvi.x86_64 0.9.4-7.fc23
libquvi-scripts.noarch 0.9.20131130-5.fc23
libusal.x86_64 1.1.11-29.fc23
lua-expat.x86_64 1.3.0-6.fc23
lua-json.noarch 1.3.2-5.fc23
lua-lpeg.x86_64 0.12.2-1.fc23
lua-socket.x86_64 3.0-0.11.rc1.fc23
poppler.x86_64 0.34.0-3.fc23
poppler-glib.x86_64 0.34.0-3.fc23
totem-pl-parser.x86_64 3.10.5-2.fc23
tracker.x86_64 1.6.1-2.fc23
vorbis-tools.x86_64 1:1.4.0-22.fc23

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Sep 19, 2016, 10:24:36 AM9/19/16
to Drew White, qubes-users

Steve Coleman

Sep 19, 2016, 2:52:56 PM9/19/16
to qubes-users
On 09/18/2016 11:03 PM, Drew White wrote:
> Are these packages (any there of) required by Qubes?

Here is a quick hack to answer this kind of question.

$ cat ./qubes_requires

#!/bin/bash
PACKAGES=`rpm -qa | grep -i qubes`
REQUIRED=`repoquery --requires --recursive --resolve $PACKAGES 2>&1`
for pkg in "$@"
do
ANS=`echo $REQUIRED | grep -c $pkg`
if [ $ANS -gt 0 ] ; then
echo $pkg yes
else
echo $pkg no
fi
done

% ./qubes_requires cdparanoia cdrdao dvd+rw-tools enca
cdparanoia yes
cdrdao no
dvd+rw-tools no
enca yes

You just need to supply a longer list of packages to get the full
answer, and be careful of short package names that might be a substring
of other longer package names.

Drew White

Sep 20, 2016, 1:04:15 AM9/20/16
to qubes-users, drew....@gmail.com
On Tuesday, 20 September 2016 00:24:36 UTC+10, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:
> Directly - I don't think so. But I haven't checked for any indirect
> dependencies (like some Qubes tools require X and X require one of
> those).
> Also you haven't specified whether it's about dom0 or VM.
> - --
> Best Regards,
> Marek Marczykowski-Górecki
> Invisible Things Lab

Hi Marek,

By saying Qubes I mean dom0, because that is Qubes in my mind, where the guests are not Qubes, they are guests.

On Tuesday, 20 September 2016 04:52:56 UTC+10, steve.coleman wrote:
> Here is a quick hack to answer this kind of question.
>
> $ cat ./qubes_requires
>
> #!/bin/bash
> PACKAGES=`rpm -qa | grep -i qubes`
> REQUIRED=`repoquery --requires --recursive --resolve $PACKAGES 2>&1`
> for pkg in "$@"
> do
> ANS=`echo $REQUIRED | grep -c $pkg`
> if [ $ANS -gt 0 ] ; then
> echo $pkg yes
> else
> echo $pkg no
> fi
> done
>
> % ./qubes_requires cdparanoia cdrdao dvd+rw-tools enca
> cdparanoia yes
> cdrdao no
> dvd+rw-tools no
> enca yes
>
> You just need to supply a longer list of packages to get the full
> answer, and be careful of short package names that might be a substring
> of other longer package names.

Thanks Steve, I'll look into that most definitely.