4.0 not updating dom0 nor fedora?

Stumpy

Apr 15, 2018, 8:34:52 PM4/15/18
to Qubes users
One small caveat, whonix-ws updated, everything else says there are no
updates? While this is possible I am thinking its unlikely?
I tried to update dom0 from the terminal
sudo qubes-dom0-update
and got
/usr/lib/qubes/qubes-rpc-multiplexer: 14:
/etc/profile.d/20_power_savings_disable_in_vms.sh shopt: not found
/usr/lib/qubes/qubes-rpc-multiplexer: 14:
/etc/profile.d/20_power_savings_disable_in_vms.sh shopt: not found
No new updates available
No updates available
For what its worth, none of them, not even whonix-ws would update until
I set whonix-gw as the NetVMs, even though I had selected the option for
appvms to update via tor.
I did open a terminal for each template and managed to do updates using
apt-get for debian and whonix but not for fedora nor dom0, and not via
the qubes manager "update qube" option
For fedora it gave the error
Error: Failed to synchronize cache for repo qubes-vm-r4.0-current
Thoughts?

cooloutac

Apr 16, 2018, 9:35:27 AM4/16/18
to qubes-users

I get the same errors when updating dom0. I think its a known issue. I hope lol.

For the fedora error, when using whonix as updatevm you have to go into the qubes-r4.repo file in /etc/yum.repos.d directory of the fedora template and change everything from http to https.

anon432

Apr 18, 2018, 9:58:50 AM4/18/18
to qubes-users
I am getting the same error in dom0 and also getting "No New Updates" - which I know is not true.

Does anyone have a link to a github issue where this has been filed?

cooloutac

Apr 18, 2018, 7:50:16 PM4/18/18
to qubes-users

failed to synchronize cache error is described here https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/3737

Bernhard

Apr 19, 2018, 6:10:53 AM4/19/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
On 04/18/2018 03:58 PM, anon432 wrote:
> I am getting the same error in dom0 and also getting "No New Updates" - which I know is not true.
>
> Does anyone have a link to a github issue where this has been filed?

cooloutac

Apr 19, 2018, 6:23:55 AM4/19/18
to qubes-users

there was a dom0 update yesterday i think did you get it?

NaBaCo

Apr 30, 2018, 5:43:52 AM4/30/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
I solved this, as described in the following link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Qubes/comments/88d5hs/fresh_install_of_qubes_40_issues_and_solutions/dx4hlng

Good luck!
--
NaBaCo.