Windows 7 VM is freezing during the installation

maxp...@gmail.com

Apr 13, 2018, 6:46:11 AM4/13/18
to qubes-users
Hi everyone,

I got an issue in Qubes OS R4.0 when I'm trying to install Windows 7 on a Standalone VM. The beginning worked well : the installation proceeds and the VM make a first reboot which works correctly. When I launch again the VM, the installation continues but the VM freezed when it comes to the second reboot.

If I kill the VM and restart it, the installation fails and I'm forced to delete the VM in order to restart the process right at the beginning. I tried three times and it's always the same thing. Are there some people who had the same issue ?

Regards.

Nico De Musso

Apr 13, 2018, 9:17:28 AM4/13/18
to qubes-users
I have the same issue.At the second boot the installation continue then the window disappear.

awokd

Apr 13, 2018, 11:20:29 AM4/13/18
to Nico De Musso, qubes-users
On Fri, April 13, 2018 1:17 pm, Nico De Musso wrote:
> I have the same issue.At the second boot the installation continue then
> the window disappear.

Check out taradiddles' pending documentation update
(https://github.com/taradiddles/qubes-doc/blob/eec2893b2bf58206a6c18857f43eb854bc27af22/managing-os/windows/windows-vm.md)
- look for the step about Cirrus video adapter.

Nico De Musso

Apr 16, 2018, 9:20:05 AM4/16/18
to qubes-users

Thank you very much this guide worked for me.