HCL - Dell XPS 15 9560

hotr...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2018, 6:49:50 PM2/2/18
to qubes-users
Legacy boot
needed Kernel parm modprobe.blacklist=nouveau
Qubes-HCL-Dell_Inc_-XPS_15_9560-20180202-173910.yml

Shashank

Feb 3, 2018, 1:26:59 PM2/3/18
to qubes-users
Hi I have the same machine as you. Trying to install Q4 rc4 but having a lot of trouble. Although I am trying to install it in uefi settings as I had installed Q3.2 did you try installing it in uefi? Were You able to install it?

Also in legacy are you dual booting with windows or is qubes the only os on your machine?

I had problems installing it on legacy where I couldn’t boot back into windows, have you tried switching back to windows if you are dual booting?

If you could share your process would be really great as I am just not able to installQ4 rc4.

Thanks

hotr...@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2018, 2:06:02 PM2/3/18
to qubes-users
On Friday, February 2, 2018 at 5:49:50 PM UTC-6, hotr...@gmail.com wrote:
> Legacy boot
> needed Kernel parm modprobe.blacklist=nouveau

Hi,

Qubes 4.0 rc4 is the only OS on the machine right now. I don't use Windows!
Set SATA to ACHI
Set Legacy Boot node

Got "soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 23s!" messages and loop.
At the blue GRUB(I think?) screen, hit tab and added modprobe.blacklist=nouveau

Installation completed successfully.

So far, only spent about an hour testing.
WIFI works,
Video(intel GPU) and sound work.
Startup and Shutdown work fine.

The HiDPI screen renders everything very small, been working on scaling the desktop.

Message has been deleted

Luis Sotomayor

Jul 12, 2020, 11:35:51 PM7/12/20
to qubes-users

Hi,

Have the xps 9560 i7-770hq with integrated graphics card 1070.  Bios doesn't have a setting to disable the graphics card.  My Quebes install get's stuck on the video card.
Did try changing SATA to ACHI and Legacy Boot (only way it would boot) but no dice.
Can you explain more about the (modprobe.blacklist=nouveau)?

THX,

Luis Sotomayor