USB Keyboard no longer reachable following recent update

Alex Dubois

Jan 12, 2019, 7:52:29 AM1/12/19
to qubes-users
Hi,

Did a qubes-dom0-update + fedora template update last night. Reboot this morning and I can't reach the USB keyboard anymore.

I can't remember if I had removed my sys-usb VM after I got bitten recently and fixed the situation following this https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/2270.

Following the explanation there I could boot and use the USB keyboard from my fedora on USB-key:
I did not have any entry with rd.qubes.hide_all_usb in xen-4.x.x.config
And I did not have a file /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/qube...@sys-usb.service.

Any hint appreciated.

I am using Qubes as my home firewall and the entire house is disconnected (can't reconnect easily as I have VLans all over the place, dns server on QubesOS, etc...).

Alex Dubois

Jan 12, 2019, 8:15:21 AM1/12/19
to qubes-users

Had to edit out from grub.cfg rd.qubes.hide_all_usb entries to be able to enter the LUKS password