Re: [qubes-users] Re: Qubes cannot install on Asus x79 Sabertooth and 2 AMD GPUs. Need advice.

awokd

Mar 30, 2019, 10:49:50 AM3/30/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Mindus Amitiel Debsin wrote on 3/29/19 9:38 AM:
> Hello again!
> I have Qubes up and running and I am quite excited about the possibilities. Linux is not my native system but I am doing a lot of reading on the Qubes docs website and also through google, so I am slowly making progress.

Glad you were able to get it installed!

> I have a couple consistent problems.
> 1) IMG_20190328_004611.jpg is still happening every time I load my computer, but it does not seem to affect Qubes functionality. It just takes a while longer to boot up.

Only way I'd know how to narrow that down is to temporarily disable
components one at a time and see if it goes away. Possibly storage
related, so I'd start by pulling that PCI-e adapter first.

> 2) My motherboard doesn't support NVME but I do have a PCI-e adapter for a NVME SSD I bought, and I have that plugged in. The SSD is recognized by Qubes, and now I want to pass that through to my Windows 10 HVM and install the Win10 on it, for maximum speed. I don't know how to discover the backend for it, though. I am looking through the list of PCI devices in the qubes settings gui, and I don't see anything which resembles it.

Try "lspci -tv". It will give the same list, but in tree view it might
be more clear.

> 3) Another problem I have is that I cannot discover my hardware specs in gui mode, and I also do not know the terminal commands to discover it. I am looking for something like a "system properties" or "computer management" in Windows.

"xl info" will give you some, but if you search on keywords like "Fedora
hardware specs" you should find more commands.

> 4) Lastly, I think I made a mistake on which drive I installed Qubes on. I put it on a 2tb Firecuda drive instead of a 1TB Sata SSD. I would like to change that, by cloning the Firecuda partitions to the SSD drive. I don't know if that will work, but I cannot discover that unless I manage to find out how to shrink the partition to beneath 1TB so my Acronis 2019 boot disk can clone the partitions. How do I do this?

The quickest way to fix this would be to temporarily disconnect that 2TB
drive then reinstall Qubes, now that you have a functional process.